The multi award-winning Takieng Thai restaurant at Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa has teamed up with well-known Thai Culinary Ambassador Blue Elephant to serve you the ultimate Thai dining experience with a Phuketian heritage recipe.
The main goal of this collaboration is to preserve and revive traditional Thai food — especially local heritage recipes — for younger generations and to promote Phuket’s rich culinary history to tourists and visitors.
For this promotion, Blue Elephant chose an ancient Peranakan recipe, known as Tumee curry as the key ingredient for Takieng to create a special menu in its own style based on the signature Tumee flavour. In addition to the 100% natural Thai ingredients, Blue Elephant’s Tumee curry paste also includes 3 superfoods – Thai black garlic, fenugreek seeds, and garcinia for extra goodness.
Chef Jakub Mares and Chef Seng Thananan Kitprayool, the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef at Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, have come up with 7 creative dishes that showcase an assortment of local ingredients such as Mai Khao Sand Crab, Pak Lin Harn, and Sea Grapes using a variety of cooking techniques with eye-catching modern presentations while highlighting the original Tumee flavor as the star of each dish.
Recently, Chef Nooror Somany Steppe – the inspiration and central person behind the success of Blue Elephant – together with Mr. Kevin Somany, Vice Managing Director and Mr. Andrea Picello, General Manager at Blue Spice (Blue Elephant Group) visited Takieng restaurant to taste each and every dish and they are impressed by Chef Jakub and Chef Seng’s creations.
This special Takieng x Blue Elephant menu is now available daily at Takieng restaurant, Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa including 7 a-la-carte dishes for you to enjoy:
- Goong Chae Nam Pla (THB 320++): Raw sea-prawns Tumee with pineapple essence;
- Yum Som O Pooh (THB 360++): Blue crab, pomelo salad with sea-grapes;
- Gai Ko Lae (THB 290++): Smokey lemongrass grilled chicken;
- Thod Mun Goong Jakkajan (THB 360++): Tumee shrimp croquetes Mai Khao sand crab;
- Pla Kra Pong Phak Peun Muang (THB 460++): Roasted Sea Bass, local greens, and cockle mushroom in Tumee coconut cream;
- Gaeng Tumee Nue (THB 590++): Braised beef cheek, purple potato & lin harn greens, seared purple potato, coconut smoked Tumee sauce;
- Seared Purple Potato (THB 390++): Coconut smoked Tumee, cockle mushroom, sea-grapes, Tumee coconut sauce.
Takieng restaurant serves classic Thai food and Phuket’s favorite dishes. Each dish at Takieng is crafted with a focus on authentic Thai flavors. Takieng was named one of Phuket’s Top 25 Restaurants in 2021 by Travelindex in cooperation with Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) and was ranked No. 2 countrywide in the Top Everyday Eats category in TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Best of The Best 2021.
Takieng restaurant is open daily from 5.30 pm till 10.30 pm. For more information and reservation, please call +66 76 363 999.